Water Filter Installation & Repair Services
Humans need water to function properly and survive. That’s a fact. Water makes up about 60% of the human body. As important as water is for you and your family, why would you risk polluting your body with harmful chemicals and contaminants? Bottled water is an option, but over time it is very expensive and the more economical and eco-friendly choice is to install a water filter in your home.
At Mock Plumbing, we have experience installing and repairing whole house and point of use filters so you can consistently provide your home with fresh, contaminant-free water for drinking and bathing. If you are looking to have a water filtration system installed in Sugar Land, Houston, or the surrounding areas in Louisiana, the professionals at Mock Plumbing will make sure it is done right the first time.
Benefits of Home Water Filters
While clean, fresh-tasting water is reason enough to install a whole house filter in your Sugar Land or Houston home, they actually provide a number of great benefits for you and your family. Some of these benefits include:
- Economical Benefits – Switching from bottled water to a water filter in the home can save the average family up to $1,000 per year compared to home delivery.
- Health Benefits – While every city in the United States has standard levels of chemicals city water is not allowed to surpass. These levels are higher than most people realize and can lead to bad smelling and tasting water.
- Environmental Benefits – Bottled water is hard on the environment. The production of bottled water uses 17 million barrels of oil per year. This includes the production, and transportation costs, so even recycling only reduces about 10% of the environmental impact. Home water filters remove the need to use bottled water at all.
Along with these great benefits, your home water filter system will last for decades and will increase your overall property value, making it a win-win situation.
Types of Water Filters
There are two main types of water filter systems used in homes. Both have their specific benefits limitations.
- Whole House Filters – Point-of-entry filters – or Whole House Filters as they are commonly called – treat water from where it enters the home at the main water line. This allows for all the water of the home to be filtered and clean, including sinks, showers, washing machines, and other appliances. More expensive, and able to use generally higher-quality water to the whole house, whole house filters are not ideal if you want ultra-pure water for drinking.
- Point-of-Use Filters – These lower capacity, smaller filter systems filter the water at the actual point where it is being used. Point-of-use filters are usually installed under the counter near a sink to provide ultra-pure drinking water. The smaller systems mean you will need to change the filter more often (every 3-6 months depending on the size), but when properly maintained, the quality of your drinking water will be second-to-none.
Mock Plumbing Installs Water Filters Right!
If you would like to install a whole house or point-of-use water filtration system in your Sugar Land or Houston home, call Mock Plumbing today. From installations to complete plumbing repairs our friendly plumbing technicians have the skill and experience to help repair any problems affordably and completely. Call Mock today at 225-317-1992 to schedule an appointment.