Preventing Frozen Water Pipes
This is one of the most helpful plumbing tips one can hear–so if you only take one thing away from this, take this. The average cost of water damage caused by either frozen or damaged pipes is $5,000! These tips can save you the time, money, and frustration that comes along with this plumbing disaster.
- Insulate all exposed water pipes; including hose spigots and valves.
- Keep exterior doors to unheated spaces closed as much as possible.
- During long periods of freezing temperatures, allowing your faucets to drip slowly can help prevent your pipes from freezing.
Address Small Problems Before They Become Big Problems
Water has a way of creating expensive repair bills within homes that don’t address small problems right away. If your faucet is leaking, it is possible and even likely that other areas of plumbing have also worked loose or become worn. Don’t wait to address these issues. Getting a Mock Service Agreement in place will deliver a long list of services, and provide discounts for any future repairs.
Be Sure to Choose a Licensed Plumber
Verify your plumbers’ status with the state. Each state issues a plumbing license that must be renewed yearly. The Louisiana plumbing board also issues Journeyman and Master Plumbing licenses. These licenses are public record and can be verified at the State Plumbing Board of Louisiana website. Mock is a Licensed Master Plumber in good standing with both the State of Louisiana, and the Better Business Bureau.
Be Sure to Choose an Insured Plumber
By Louisiana law, all plumbers are required to have a general liability policy in the minimum amount of $100,000. BUT NOT ALL PLUMBERS HAVE THIS COVERAGE! Mock Plumbing has insurance that meets or exceeds all general liability policy requirements.
- Journeyman Plumber
- – a person who possesses the necessary qualifications and knowledge to install, alter and⁄or repair plumbing systems; is licensed as such by the Louisiana State Plumbing Board; is supervised by a master plumber and is in the employ of an employing entity. [see LSA -R.S. 37.1377(B)]
- Master Plumber
- – a person who possesses the necessary qualifications and knowledge to design and lay out plumbing systems; supervises journeyman plumbers in the installation, alterations and/or repair of plumbing systems; is licensed as such by the Louisiana State Plumbing Board. [see LSA – R.S. 37:1377 (A)]