Common Plumbing Problems
Owning your own home is a wonderful experience, but it does come with its fair share of problems. At some point, you will likely deal with minor plumbing issues such as a clogged toilet that you will be able to handle by yourself. However, larger plumbing repairs may need the attention of a professional plumber, and attempting to fix some of the following could actually lead to even more trouble down the road. Different areas have their own unique problems thanks to weather conditions and other factors. Here are a few of the most common plumbing problems in the Sugar Land and Houston, area.
- Dripping Faucets – While these seem simple (and often are), there can sometimes be a much larger, underlying problem that needs to be dealt with. If you are unsure of what is causing the leak, be sure to have a professional take a look before performing any work.
- Low Water Pressure – A lot of older homes can have issues with low water pressure. This could be as simple as installing a new shower head or it could be something deeper – like a leaking pipe somewhere in the home.
- Leaking Pipes – While a leaky pipe is more common during the winter months, they can happen any time of the year. A leaky pipe can lead to major water damage in the home, so be sure to keep an eye out for water spots on the ceiling or on the floor of your home.
- Running Toilets – While a running toilet may not seem like a big deal, it can waste more than 100 gallons of water every day. A professional plumber can help diagnose the underlying cause and repair it to help save you money.
- Slow or Clogged Drains – While your first instinct may be to reach for over-the-counter drain cleaner, this can cause more problems than it is worth. It is always better to call a professional when your drains are running slow or are clogged.
- Water Heater Problems – There are few worse feelings than turning on the shower in the morning and stepping into ice cold water. Water heaters are not designed to live forever, unfortunately, and if it is time for an upgrade you should always call a professional to ensure the installation is done correctly.