Gas Water Heater
Gas water heaters have become increasingly popular with more homes the past few years because it proves to be the most economical yet efficient way to heat water at home. The principle of convection in physics is what allows the gas water heaters to work so well, which state that the hot water will rise.
Cold water is first supplied to the tank and stays there through the help of the dip tube. The gas burner will heat it while the more dense cold water stays in place. Read on to know more about the essential components of a gas water heater:
- Cold water supply line: helps transport the cold water in the heater, which is controlled by a shutoff valve. The shutoff valve is also the component where maintenance is usually performed when required.
- Hot water line: this is what delivers hot water to all the appliances at home that need hot water, such as the showers, sinks, and tubs.
- Dip tube: Found inside the tank, the dip tube is the component which helps transport the cold water inside the gas water heater which will be heated by the burner.
- Sacrificial anode: This is found at the top of the tank where it is securely fastened in order to help prevent corrosion in metal tanks. Glass-lined tanks, on the other hand, make use of a metal rod usually made up of magnesium or aluminum.
- Gas burner control module: serves as a thermostat where the gas line feeds into. It also has another useful feature and that is to control the pilot light ignition.
- Pilot light and gas burner: are important for effective operation of the water heater.
- Gas combustion exhaust flue: responsible for exhausting the combustion gases in the burner but also helps to facilitate heat exchange by heating water located in the storage tank.
- Pressure relief valve and discharge pipe: They work like the car’s radiator, helping the gas water heater to relieve excess temperature or pressure as it may exceed the abilities of the tank.
These are the parts that make a gas water heater function the way it does, and therefore one of the most effective ways of heating water throughout your home. They are also designed to work throughout the year so whenever you need good heating in your home, you’ll never have to worry if you have a gas water heater. Have yours installed today by Mock Plumbing Repairs!